Sunday, July 20, 2014

Building new Raspberry Pi Model B+

Buying the Raspberry Pi Model B+

I ordered the 512MB Raspberry Pi Model B+ Project Board on 7/14/2014, I was lucky somehow I got free shipping code by default, otherwise it cost $9.99 to ship to California with their "Super Saver Shipping" option.  I got the package on the 19th in a padded brown envelope.

Unpacking the Raspberry Pi Model B+

Building my case with spare LEGO

Install NOOBS on SD

Getting Started with NOOBS

Hooking it up

  • Keyboard (Dusty DELL generic 101-keyboard>
  • Power supply (Apple iPhone/iPod power supply fit the requirement*)
  • Micro USB cable as power cable
  • Ethernet cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Micro SD card (8GB+)
* Power supply rated at 5V dc, and a minim current of 600-1800mA.

Turn it on the first time

Raspberry Pi Software Configuration Tool (raspi-config) will be launched automatically after the first boot. It can be launched manually by the command

sudo raspi-config

Change Local

4 > I1 > en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8

Change Timezone

4 > I2 > US > Pacific Ocean

Change Keyboard Layout

4 > I3 > Dell 101-key PC > English (US) > default > No compose key > Ctrl+Alt+Backspace = terminate the X server

Set hostname

8 > A2 > [newhostname]

Enable SSH

8 > A4 > <Enable>

Change Password

2 > [new password]

Update

8 > A7

No comments:

Post a Comment